Friday, October 17, 2008

13 days before surgery

It seems to be pretty normal around the house, homework, chores, the kids arguing with us. We don't talk about the surgery much, it doesn't seem real yet. We have planned a "brain" party for Trevor to get together with his friends on the Saturday the 25th, eat pizza, play xbox and enjoy the cake that I will be making for him with a plastic skull on top for decoration.

Trevor and I discussed getting a fake brain, but after seeing the gorey brains at the halloween store, he decided to pick out a skull instead. It may seem sick to have a party with a skull on top of a cake, but, that's how we deal with stuff, you have to make light of it, what else are you going to do? Cry about it? I think the crying will come later naturally, let's take a breath now and relax.

1 comment:

Carrie (Madsen) Hyldahl said...

Thanks girlie for doing this - this way I don't worry about the mom (you) because it's a touchy subject and I don't want you to be sad - I may not know what this surgery or this obstacle is personally like so I appreciate the fact I can sorta get a view threw your "online eyes" - you know that my family as well is saying big prayers and we like always will be wherever you need us!
Here's something you can SMILE about and take with you to the hospital -
2004 - Family & Friends gathered at the Woodinville 4th of July fireworks show at the winery - Trent & I just had started dating and was very amused about Trevor getting up on stage to sing - Trent couldn't believe that a little kid had that much "courage" to be in front of all those people - we all know why Trevor really did it - it was because he would win a prize!
Take this and many of the other "funny" moments and know we love you guys!

:) Carrie, Trent & Hunter